Thursday, October 30, 2008

She's here!

Stella Madison David arrived Friday, October 24, 2008 at 4:45 a.m. We arrived at the hospital on Thursday at 10 a.m. and by noon they had started the induction process. I started hard labor at 8 p.m. and received the epi at 11 p.m. I was able to get some sleep as contractions continued. At 4:00 a.m. the nurse asked me to do some practice pushes to help bring the baby down. She saw the baby crown and was about to call for the doctor but one more push brought Stella out. There was a moment of confusion on my end as I didn't realize the baby had come and the nurse had Richard help while other nurses were called in the room.

Stella weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and measured about 19 inches long. She has a strong set of lungs and lets us know when she wants something but is adorable and tiny.

We are so thankful that God gave us this gift and are enjoying every day with her.

No comments: